Quality of Service (QoS) has long been the focus of communications researchers worldwide.
Since 1993, IWQoS has served as the premier venue on Quality of Service, providing an international forum for the presentation and discussion of cutting edge research in the field.
IWQoS 2015 will continue to be a premier symposium on Quality of Service, providing an international forum for presentation and discussion of cutting-edge research in the field.
The 2015 edition of the IEEE/ACM IWQoS Symposium will be held in conjunction with ACM FCRC
on June 15th/16th in Portland, Oregon, USA.
- June 15th, 2015: Dinner logistics information: Dinner will be at Bridgeport Brewpub, 1313 NW Marshall Street, Portland, OR 97209 (http://www.bridgeportbrew.com).
You can take the streetcar (http://www.portlandstreetcar.org/) from the Oregon Convention Center to BridgePort. The streetcar actually drops at the BridgePort stop so it is very convenient. Bridgeport does not provide a parking lot for guests but there is plenty of off street metered parking all around.
There is also a public parking garage across the street from the BrewPub that guests may use.
The entrance is on NW 14th Street between Lovejoy and Marshall St.
- June 3rd, 2015: IWQoS will, in cooperation with ACM FCRC offer childcare (8am-6pm daily) this year. In order to utilize this service, you must secure a spot by June 8th at 4 pm EDT.
Please send a request to Shannon Cunningham with your day and time requirements. A confirmation will be sent to you promptly.
- April 13th, 2015: Visa letter information is now available; camera ready deadline moved to April 27.
- April 7th, 2015: Registration is now open.
- March 23rd, 2015: Hotels available.
- January 20th, 2015: EDAS is now open: [IWQoS Main Conference][Posters and Demos]
- October 22nd, 2014: CFP online.
- September 20th, 2014: Website online
|Abstract submission deadline
|23:59:00 EST, Feb. 18, 2015 23:59:00 EST, Feb. 25, 2015 (firm)
|Paper submission deadline
|23:59:00 EST, Feb. 24, 2015 23:59:00 EST, March 3, 2015 (firm)
|Notification of acceptance
||April 9, 2015
|April 22, 2015 April 27, 2015
While traditional QoS research areas continue to attract much interest, recent exploration of information-centric networking, software-defined networking,
Internet of things, data centers, virtualization, cloud computing, cloud services, industrial communication, and "green" computing has motivated a new wave of research interest
in QoS and its related metrics such as Quality of Experience (QoE) and Quality of Protection (QoP).
The scope of IWQoS 2015 covers both theoretical and experimental research on QoS, QoE, QoP and related issues such as survivability, availability,
reliability, security, privacy, pricing, resource provisioning and management, user experience, and system performance guarantees. Topics of interest include QoS issues in (but not limited to) the following areas:
- Quality of services in software-defined networking
- Quality of services in information-centric networking
- Quality of services in Internet of things
- Quality of cloud services and cloud computing
- Quality of protection, user experience, security and privacy
- System dependability, availability, resilience and robustness to faults and security attacks
- Scheduling, resource management, queue management, admission control
- Traffic engineering approaches and tools for provisioning and evaluation
- Quality evaluation metrics and methodologies
- QoS parsing, identification and control
- Measurement, evaluation, adaptation and verification
- Network operations, pricing and billing, network and service management
- Architectures and protocols for IP, overlay and peer-to-peer networks, optical networks, wireless, ad hoc, mesh, and sensor networks
- Energy awareness in communication systems
- Design for future networks
Questions regarding paper submission or the conference should be emailed to the program co-chairs.